If you are someone who is health consicious, you know fully well that the B-complex vitamins plays a crucial role in metabolizing the body energy, but you might not know all the details about the actions of the individual B vitamins such as Biotin which is also called vitamin B7 or vitamin H. Naturally, Biotin is present in our body which is very useful in some of our body functions especially those that are related to the body metabolism.
In addition to the other B-complex vitamins, Biotin’s main functions is helping the body to process energy, and streams carbon dioxide through your body. The sweat gland, bone marrow and nerve tissues also functions at their peak efficiency when you have correct Biotin levels.
All About Biotin…
Biotin is a vitamin that is discovered in small quantities in various foods. Biotin is generally used for preventing and treating malnutrition, long-term tube feeding, fat burning and biotin insufficiency related to pregnancy. Many people also use it for skin health, nails, skin rash in babies mild depression and diabetic issues. Biotin is a vital component of enzymes in the body that breaks down particular substances like carbs and fats.
Why People take Biotin?
Biotin is important for the human body because it supports the health of the body’s metabolic process, cells, skin, intestinal systems and nerves. Biotin also helps in treating some sorts of nerve pathology, such as the peripheral neuropathy which results in diabetes and kidney failures.
Biotin supplements were studied and researched as a treatment for a variety of conditions. With people that has diabetic issues, the research suggested that biotin and chromium when mixed together can enhance blood sugar levels. It can also minimize the insulin resistance for type 2 diabetic patients. Some preliminary proof recommends that biotin may help reinforce fragile nails.
- Used for dealing with and preventing biotin insufficiency (thinning of the hair, and red scaly rash around the eyes, nose, and mouth).
- Effective for skin rash in infants (seborrheic dermatitis).
- Effective for hair thinning. There are proofs that hair thinning can be reduced when biotin is taken by mouth in mix with zinc while a cream containing the chemical substance clobetasol propionate (Olux, Temovate) is used for the skin.
- Diabetes treatment and diabetic nerve discomfort. Although Biotin alone doesn’t impact blood sugar level levels, there are some proofs that a combination of biotin and chromium (Diachrome, Nourishment 21) may reduce blood sugar in people with diabetic issues, whose diabetes is badly regulated by prescription medicines.
- Fragile fingernails and toe nails. Biotin could enhance the thickness of fingernails and toenails in individuals with fragile nails.